Now accepting applications for Fall Gym Rentals.
Applications received by September 8, 2015 will be assigned by lottery.Any received after September 8 will be processed in the order they are received.
Rec & Ed is pleased to offer rental of elementary school gymnasiums for community groups throughout the school year. Prior to each season (Fall, Winter, Spring) we post the gyms, days and times that will be available.
Due to a high demand for gym time, gym slots are assigned by lottery. As always, we will make every effort to accommodate all groups wishing to reserve space. Remember to submit your request, disclaimer, and fee in a timely manner so we can better serve you. List as many choices as possible that would be acceptable to you.
New! How to reserve a gym for your group:
1. Review the list of gyms, days, and times available for the upcoming season.
2. Review the rental prices for gyms. Because Eberwhite and Mack gyms are most in demand, there is a 20% premium fee for these locations. Bryant, Haisley and Wines, being the second in demand, have a 10% premium fee.
3. Choose from 3 convenient ways to rent a school gym for the Fall 2015 term
- Complete and submit the online form. You have the option of listing up to six gym locations that would be acceptable to you. The more options you list, the better chance you will have of being assigned a gym rental space. Please list only schools, days and times that you are willing to accept. Refer to the 1.5 hour time blocks listed on the attached availability sheet. If you are requesting a one hour time slot, it must fall within the 1.5 hour time slot listed.
- You may include your credit card information and approval for the most expensive gym you have requested. Your credit card will only be charged the fee for the gym you are assigned. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- If you choose not to include your credit card information, you will be assigned a gym location and be emailed a notification that payment is due within one week. You may pay online, call the office at 734-994-2300 ext. 0 with your payment information or bring your payment into the Rec & Ed office.
Download the PDF of the Gym Rental Application Packet
- Complete the Gym Rental Request PDF and mail in or drop off the forms and payment at the Rec & Ed office, located at 1515. S. Seventh Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, for the most expensive gym you have requested.
- Your credit card will only be charged the fee for the gym you are assigned or if you paid by check or cash, your Rec & Ed account will be credited.
Complete the Gym Rental Application Packet at the Rec & Ed office
- The Rec & Ed office is located at 1515. S. Seventh Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 (we are located on 7th Street side of Pioneer High School).
- Complete the forms and make a payment for the most expensive gym you have requested. Your credit card will only be charged the fee for the gym you are assigned or if you paid by check or cash, your Rec & Ed account will be credited.
4. Once your gym has been assigned, you will receive a permit by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need the permit sent to you via US mail, please indicate that on your request form. Please review your permit carefully. There may be dates when the gym is not available. These are highlighted on your permit. Please be mindful of them and inform your group of the dates that you will not be able to use the gym.
5. You must have your permit with you every time you use the gym.
Office Location:Rec & Ed is located at 1515 S. 7th St. (in the E wing of Pioneer HS), Ann Arbor, MI, 48103.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie McCoy by email at email@example.com.